7th generation iPod Nano unveiled
Apple’s iPhone event didn’t just unveil iPhone5 and iOS6. Other Gadgets presented were the new iPod touch and a redesigned iPod nano.
The cheap Apple’s portable player iPod Nano now includes the following features:
- Larger 2.5-inch multi-touch display.
- Thinner at 5.4mm.
- Lighter weighing only 31 grams.
- “Lightning” dock connector.
- “EarPods” like the iPod touch.
- Physical buttons – power, volume control, play/pause and a home button.
- Video playback: capable of playing back up to 720p HD videos and offers 3.5 hours continuous video playback on a single charge.
- Bluetooth: audio streaming – to any compatible wireless speaker/headphone or car audio system.
- Fitness features including support for Nike+ and a pedometer.
- 30 hours of battery life.
The new nanos will be available in 16Gb for $149 this October in seven gorgeous colours: pink, yellow, blue, green, purple, silver and slate. For every RED iPod nano purchased Apple will donate a portion of the purchase price to the Global Fund to fight AIDS in Africa.
The iPod shuffle and The iPod classic didn’t receive any major upgrades except for the change in colours. Except that the capacity and prices remain same.